Levelling with µLevel®
μLevel is a precision Level system for the measurement of machines. According to your requirements we can offer a wide range from a simple handheld system up to a differential system with software.
Features of the system:
- Fast on site calibration
- Easy handling of system and software
- Displays the values on your mobile phone
- Connection to PC and mobile phone via Bluetooth
- Rugged design and signal colour made for harsh environments
- Resolution and Repeatability 1μm/m
- Software and reference sensor can be added optionally
- Cheap and cheerful
Measurement of a plane with a precision spirit level
It is possible to measure a plane with a spirit level system very accurate. The system itself measures a angle which has to be transformed into a height. By moving the µLevel over the surface you receive the relation between all measured points. In the picture above you can see the measured values in µm/m
By knowing the measurement-length it is possible to calculate a difference in the height. By adding all the height-differences you are able to express a straightness.
By using a specialised software the measurement can be performed in a short time.
The connection can be done in different ways:
1. Direct connection to a PC via Bluetooth
2. Connection via cable
3. Storing of the values in the µLevel and readout to a PC later
So the µLevel system is absolutely flexible in the connection. It is up to you which connection you prefer!
µLevel – Precision electronic Spirit Level System for Machine Alignment
The precise alignment of machines is an important part of the Quality Management process. Especially in the tool machinery market precision down to a µm is required. The new µLevel system is an easy to handle yet very precise system for the measurements of straightness and parallelism.
µLevel – the easy system
You can use it as a stand alone instrument or in combination with software which guides you through the steps and then documents the results. You can also use two µlevels at the same time. Where one of them serves as a continuous reference.
You can also store the measurements in the unit and connect it to the software afterwards.
When dealing with instruments capable of measuring µm/meters you must not forget that the earth is not flat. Sound silly, but we are often dealing with machines of more than 10-20 metres length. The curvature of the earth must then be taken into account when using systems with a gravitational reference.
We will see these differences when we compare our measurements carried out with ProLine and µLine systems for example.
Advantages of a spirit level system:
- Quick assembly
- Very precise, locally <1µm
- Very little enviromental disturbance
- Quite cheap
- The precision is only local, the smallest errors cumulate as the measurement is repeated along the line
- Only measures vertically, what about the horizontal plane?