Linear laser interferometer measurement system
Performance, versatility, ease of use
HPI-3D linear laser encoder measurement system is the result of more than 20 years of experience in of high-precision laser interferometry field. The interferometer represents a “know-how” in the field of laser measurements and with the best parameters. All this goes along with the highest quality, a very rich set of accessories and options, ease of use and compactness. Instructions and full version of the software are available in our download page.
100 pm natural resolution
Basic resolution of the laser interferometers based on He-Ne laser is 158.2 nm. The HPI-3D uses a special combination of heterodyne and homodyne optical configurations to achieve a basic resolution of 100 pm for single-pass optics and 50 pm for double-pass optics with excellent sub-nanometric measurement linearity. HPI-3D signal processing path provides the highest resolution at any measured speed.
Vibration measurements up to 100 kHz
Dynamic measurements up to 100 000 samples per second
Max measurable velocity up to ± 7m/s
User friendly software
Free software updates
Easy to align and position
Laser beam position system
Portability in a small sturdy case
Wide range of optical components
Configurable encoder output
Open communication protocol
User configurable input/output
3D machine geometry estimation
Electronic spirit level option
Interferometer encoder HPI-3D can measure moving objects with velocity up to 7 m/s with standard resolution of 100 pm. Automatic compensation for environmental conditions is performed 100,000 times per second. Frequency vibrations up to 50 kHz can be easily measured. Even better parameters are available upon request!
VersatilityAlthough there is no universal measurement device, the HPI-3D comes close. The instrument can be used to measure long (tens of meters), extremely short (hundreds of pico-meters) distances and geometry of the machine, to detect very fast and indefinitely slow movements. The system can monitor vibrations, measure angles, compare distances and many more. The laser device can be used in scientific laboratories, machinery industry workshops and outdoors. Not only can it be controlled by computer, tablet or smartphone, but user can modify its functionality in many ways.
Ease of useThe HPI-3D was designed with an emphasis on ease of use and portability. The instrument has built-in wireless connectivity and can work with or without a PC connection. It can be mounted directly on the measured object (e.g. inside a machine) simplifying the measurement path and saving alignment time. The laser is available in a small, rugged carrying case that offers excellent portability. The easy-to-use and powerful PC software makes using the entire device an easy task even for inexperienced users.
Measurements available with our linear interferometer
Servicing operation available with our measurement equipment
Why should I calibrate my CNC machine?
CNC machine encoder calibration is essential to make sure that the accuracy and precision of the machine is up to the standard. As an encoder is the crucial component of any machine, as it provides position feedback of the machine’s essential components, such as the spindle, tools and table. That is why the encoder calibration is critical to achieve the precision required. Laser encoder is an indispensable tool on such a task. Here are a few reasons why the machine will benefit from laser interferometer calibration:
- Machine wear and tear: a CNC machine, being a mechanical device, is a subject to wear and tear over time, which will lead to a decrease in accuracy and even repeatability. Regular calibration with our laser interferometer will help to identify these issues early on and mitigate them before they become a real problem.
- Accuracy and precision: CNC machines rely on accurate positioning to produce high-quality results. Calibration with a laser interferometer helps to ensure that the encoder readings are accurate and precise and that the controller positions the machine’s tools and the manufactured product in the most precise way possible thus reduces the marriage rate.
- Improved efficiency: Accurate and precise CNC machines can produce workpieces with minimal waste and fewer defects that leads to improvement in overall efficiency by reduces the marriage rate which in turn leads to lowering in production costs.
- Better than mechanical: Laser interferometer precision is dependent on the accuracy of the laser frequency for the most part and, unlike other measurement equipment, lacks any mechanical parts that are a subject to wear and tear. This allows for even the most complicated measurements to be performed faster and easier, thus with a better degree of precision.
- Simple fast and straightforward to use: With electronic alignment technology the device installation is much faster end easier than ever before. Compact size and magnetic base makes the system really portable and our G-code and calibration table generator allows various controller types calibration out of the box with no additional fees.