Lathe Measurement System LMS-5 is a laser based device for complete characterisation of various lathe machines. The measurement is performed on the basis of the laser beam position detection. The source of the laser beam is a fibre pigtailed and intensity stabilised laser diode. We designed beam detection algorithms and implemented them into the optical detector to guarantee unrivalled accuracy of the whole measurement system. The results are displayed on computer and can be used for machine calibration and adjustment as well as report generation.
Lathe Measurement System LMS-5 can provide various types of measurements from axial positioning and spindle displacement to squareness. The whole system is really compact and light. It is also really easy to operate. No wires and easy to use yet functional software helps to achieve results fast with no extra time and effort spent. The device has an optional base that can be used for CNC machine squareness measurements.
- Position of the axis of rotation of the spindle against the tool
- Position of the tool against the spindle
- Straightness of movement of the tool perpendicular to the spindle axis
- Straightness of movement of the tool parallel to the spindle axis
- Squareness of the axes of the movement of the tool
- Measurement of spindle beat (runout)
- Position of tail stock against the spindle axis
- Straightness of movement of the tail stock
- Measurement of tail stock beat